Call For Papers: PHDays IV
We are pleased to invite you to speak at the Positive Hack Days IV forum on practical information security, on May 21 and 22, 2014.
- Report (50 minutes)
- Fast Track (15-30 minutes)
- Hands-on Lab (up to 4 hours)
Your report should focus on a topic relevant to information security. We are mostly interested in the following topics:
- Hackers' New Targets: from audio baby monitors and pacemakers to nuclear power plants
- Privacy and trade secrets protection in the age of PRISM, Snowden and Assange
- Computer forensics against targeted APT attacks and cyber spying
- Fresh approaches to intrusion detection and prevention
- Methods of confronting DDoS attacks
- ERP systems and business applications security
- Business data protection (BYOD, MDM, DLP)
- Countering attacks against web applications
- Protecting virtual corporate and private clouds
- Applied cryptography
- Security of government information systems and E-government
- Techniques and tools for physical security
- Protection of ICS/SCADA: securing industrial systems and modern cities
If your report covers some other aspect of information security and you believe it will be interesting for the community, please feel free to apply.
Important! We will not accept reports aimed at promoting certain products, services or companies.
Anyone from a novice to a recognized expert in information security may apply to be a speaker at PHDays IV. Our goal is to facilitate animated, informal communication between representatives of the information security industry. The main requirements are an interesting topic concerning information security, novelty and urgency of the issues under consideration, competence and professionalism.
We prefer reports to be in English or Russian, and we encourage and favor submissions that are detailed, meaningful and visually interesting.
After all applications are considered and the best ones identified, participants will be notified with the results.
Include information about the speaker:
- First and last name
- CV (educational and professional background, titles, main professional achievements)
- Residence (city, country)
- Contact information (telephone number, email)
Include information about the report:
- Brief summary (500 characters)
- Detailed outline
- Report status (whether it was published previously, and if so, where)
- Demos, utilities, 0-day vulnerabilities, etc.
How to Apply
Email your applications with all required information to email@example.com.
Applications for participation as a speaker will be accepted in two stages:
- First Stage: November 25, 2013 to January 27, 2014
- Second Stage: February 17, 2014 to March 31, 2014
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transport and Accommodation
The organizers will partially or fully pay for the transportation and accommodation of speakers. The organizers' share will be considered individually for each participant.
On our part, we guarantee all participants two days of positive emotions, a fun atmosphere, interesting people and new experience in the field of practical information security.
We anxiously await your papers!